Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HURRAY! Finally added Fangoria Icon Collection Messenger Bags to website!

I spent the last 2 days hard coding html to add my Fangoria Icon Collection Messenger Bags to http://www.takenbytwilight.com/. I love the sewing and jewelry making, photographing my work, going to conventions and even doing promotions. But I have to say that even after 7 years in the internet industry, I still loathe creating web pages. Its so laborious, too tedious. I guess if I used Dreamweaver or some type of html editor it would be easier but I'm old school and I just hard code it and switch between wordpad and my browser to see what my changes have done. It I have to admit though that it is a bit cathartic in that I have to be focused and do a lot of problem solving. Once I do get what I want there is some instant gratification that I did it.

Although I should have probably spent the last two days working on getting ready for the Twilight Convention in 16 days, I had to add the horror bags because SuperHeidi from Pretty-Scary notified me that she was going to do a write up of my work. Pretty-scary.net is a website "for women in horror - by women in horror" so I'm really tickled that they'll be reviewing my site because I think that there is so few places where women are supported in the horror industry. Pretty-Scary is a really good source for reviews, interviews, networking, horror news, and more. I especially love the community. Their forums are welcoming and so supportive of women in horror.
Tonight I fell asleep really early while putting my 2 year old to sleep. I woke up at 2:14am and contemplated getting up to work. To work or not to work? That was MY question. I'm glad I got myself up and got my butt in front of my computer. I've uploaded all my files and now my bags are PUBLIC! Well there were originally debuted at the Fangoria Convention here in Chicago but other than that no one else could see them. Horrables will be stocking them in their new location, hopefully by next month. They are the official merchandiser for Fangoria.com so I'm pretty stoked about that. Also if your in Chicago, I'll be at the Horror Society's Women of Horror Film Festival this Saturday, April 25th at the Portage Theater.

So now its 5:11am and I can hear my husband's alarm going, and going, and going - he's a snooze hound. I'd better call it a night and try and get some zzzz's before my son gets up.

No comments:

Post a Comment